Sunday, March 22, 2009

Brotherly love

For the past week or so, Andrew asks Carson every night if he will sleep in his bed tonight. Carson will tell him yes and Andrew is excited. We do our bedtime routine of books, songs, prayer in Andrew's room and once the lights go off, Carson wants to go back to his crib. Andrew gets a little upset but we have learned to tell him not to get his hopes up, that Carson might want to go to his bed.

Thursday night Carson wanted to stay in Andrew's bed after the lights were out for the first time. But Carson soon came out to the kitchen. I told him he needed to stay in bed. He went back to Andrew's bed. Soon they were both out in the kitchen, Andrew said "Carson keeps tickling me." They were sent back to bed and told to keep their hands to their selves. Carson (and probably Andrew too initially) kept picking on Andrew. Eventually we took Carson back to his crib because Andrew looked so sleepy but was not able to go to sleep since Carson was tickling, throwing his stuffed dog at Andrew, pushing his forehead against Andrew's.... (it was actually kind of funny!)

So last night we gave it another attempt. They again got out of bed (which neither of them usually do right now) and picked on each other. I went in and was going to take Carson to his crib but he got upset and said he wanted to stay there. I told them, they had one more try but they needed to be quiet and go to sleep. This is the site I saw a little while later....

Sleeping babies and children are so sweet!

I was hoping this would help Andrew stay in his own bed. Unfortunatley not, I noticied he was in the sleeping bag on the floor of our room when Carson started crying during the night. I think Carson was probably confused about where he was. I took him back to his crib and covered him up. And we all slept well the rest of the night....perhaps one day they will both sleep all night in their own beds! It might not be till Andrew is 15! :)

No comments: