Sunday May 2, the four of us went to Disney's Hollywood Studios. We started out the day taking a shuttle from our hotel to Magic Kingdom and then another shuttle to Hollywood Studios. I think the boys thought it was fun to ride on these shuttles not restrained in anyway. They did a good job of sitting still.
The above picture is of a painting that made it appear that the road & buildings went on forever. My family went to Hollywood Studios back in the late 80's (?) and this is one of the things I remember from that trip.
One of the shows we watched was the Playhouse Disney show. The picture on the left is of Chad and Carson watching this show. It was live with one woman hosting the show and then puppets for the shows Handy Manny, Little Einsteins, My Friends Tiger & Pooh & Mickey Mouse Club house. Pretty entertaining for the little ones.
Andrew & Carson meeting the characters Lightning McQueen & Mator from the movie Cars. The cars would make engine revving sounds or honking sounds occasionally. Fun!And all of us with Lightning & Mator below.

Here are the boys waiting in line to ride/play Toy Story Mania. The boys recently borrowed the Toy Story DVD's from their friend Tommy and love these movies. They can't wait til June 18 when Toy Story 3 comes out! This Toy Story Mania ride/game was in 3D, if the glasses weren't a give away, and you had targets to shoot arrows at (not real arrows, more like a video game). No surprise, Chad had the high score of the 4 of us. We all thought this was fun & actually would have gone on it again if it wasn't for the line. This was Andrew's favorite thing.
Andrew sporting a little 'tude. He had some pretty extreme highs and extreme lows on this trip. I don't recall what he was upset about in this picture. I was told numerous times "Mom you are the worstest!" (We could have left you at home.... :) ) but also numerous times "Mom you are the best!!"
Here is Carson strapped to a rocket waiting to meet their hero, Buzz Lightyear, from the movie Toy Story.



We also went to see the Lights, Motors, Action! Extreme Stunt Show. This was another thing I remembered from my family's trip there back in the day. It's a show where they show you how they film high speed car chases for movies. This was Andrew's second favorite thing. It was nice to sit in the shade to watch this show. It was very hot the day we were there.
The picture collage below is from the "Honey I Shrunk the Kids" Movie Set Adventure. Everything was completely over sized so you would feel like you were shrunk. I also remembered this. This was another favorite of the boys. They love to run, climb and play! Can you tell what decade this movie was made in? The Kodak film roll, the super soaker....

Our day was cut short a bit here. I thought Carson felt like he had a fever that morning before we left the hotel. He was acting fine, no other symptoms & I didn't have a thermometer but I gave him some Ibuprofen. He acted pretty good while we were at Disney in the morning. But by the afternoon, he was really tired, not holding up as well and the fever was coming back. I forgot to pack any medicine in our backpack, so while Andrew played at this Honey I Shrunk the Kids playground (for the second time) Chad went in search of some medicine and I held Carson.

Here are the boys waiting in line to ride/play Toy Story Mania. The boys recently borrowed the Toy Story DVD's from their friend Tommy and love these movies. They can't wait til June 18 when Toy Story 3 comes out! This Toy Story Mania ride/game was in 3D, if the glasses weren't a give away, and you had targets to shoot arrows at (not real arrows, more like a video game). No surprise, Chad had the high score of the 4 of us. We all thought this was fun & actually would have gone on it again if it wasn't for the line. This was Andrew's favorite thing.
Andrew sporting a little 'tude. He had some pretty extreme highs and extreme lows on this trip. I don't recall what he was upset about in this picture. I was told numerous times "Mom you are the worstest!" (We could have left you at home.... :) ) but also numerous times "Mom you are the best!!"
Here is Carson strapped to a rocket waiting to meet their hero, Buzz Lightyear, from the movie Toy Story.

The boys were truly star struck when meeting their favorite movie character Buzz Lightyear. So fun to see them excited yet in awe and amazed by this character.

We also went to see the Lights, Motors, Action! Extreme Stunt Show. This was another thing I remembered from my family's trip there back in the day. It's a show where they show you how they film high speed car chases for movies. This was Andrew's second favorite thing. It was nice to sit in the shade to watch this show. It was very hot the day we were there.
The picture collage below is from the "Honey I Shrunk the Kids" Movie Set Adventure. Everything was completely over sized so you would feel like you were shrunk. I also remembered this. This was another favorite of the boys. They love to run, climb and play! Can you tell what decade this movie was made in? The Kodak film roll, the super soaker....

Our day was cut short a bit here. I thought Carson felt like he had a fever that morning before we left the hotel. He was acting fine, no other symptoms & I didn't have a thermometer but I gave him some Ibuprofen. He acted pretty good while we were at Disney in the morning. But by the afternoon, he was really tired, not holding up as well and the fever was coming back. I forgot to pack any medicine in our backpack, so while Andrew played at this Honey I Shrunk the Kids playground (for the second time) Chad went in search of some medicine and I held Carson.
Carson soon fell asleep in my arms. It was soooo hot. We were both sweating and he had a fever. After Chad got back, we thought - what are we doing?! So we decided to make our way back to the hotel. I carried Carson as he woke, slept, woke, slept.... as we walked to get out of the park, to one shuttle, then another, then a taxi and finally back to the hotel. He was fine, but I was concerned with his fever and then being out in the heat. We gave me a few more doses of Tylenol & Ibuprofen that day and pushed fluids. The next day he was fine. The fever must just be the way he responds to viruses.


No comments:
Post a Comment