Monday, November 3, 2008

Cauliflower Cheese Soup

Now I know some of you are probably thinking; no thanks, I will pass. But really, you have got to try this! It is really good. I made this for supper tonight and both boys cleaned their bowls without any problems and Andrew had a second helping. I commented to Chad that I was surprised that every time I make this the boys always eat it well. Chad commented that he was surprised that he himself eats it! :) Bradley and Renee made this for us one time when we visited them when they lived in Iowa. Thanks for sharing the recipe. (I don't think I copied down the recipe correctly, but this is how I make it)

Cauliflower Cheese Soup

1 med-large potato, diced
1 large cauliflower, diced
1 medium carrot, chopped (I don't always put this in but it is still good with or without)
3 medium cloves garlic, peeled
1 1/2 cups chopped onion
1 1/2 tsp. salt
4 cups water
2 cups grated cheddar (I don't usually use 2 full cups)
3/4 cup milk
1 tsp. dill

Place potato, cauliflower, carrot, garlic, onion, salt and water in large saucepan. Bring to a boil, then simmer until all the vegetables are very tender. Puree in blender. Return to saucepan. Add cheese, milk and dill. Heat till warm. May serve with a little extra cheese.

No comments: