Thursday, January 12, 2012

Alex @ 6 months ~ Nov. 2, 2011









Here are some photos of the ever smiling Alex on his 6 month birthday. What a joyful little guy. He is just starting to use the exersaucer more at 6 months and really enjoying being upright and playing with all the gagets within his reach. (The orange spikey thing in the right lower corner of some of the pictures had to be removed, he would put it in his mouth and gag himself! Yuck!)

At 6 months I was really happy with how he was doing. He was really content, spit up sooo much less, exzema on his legs was clearing up, he did still have some bad diaper rashes, still had yucky green loose stools and continuted to not sleep the greatest at night ~ just woke frequently. At his Dr. appointment he was still tiny. He weighed 14# 4oz, 3% and 24 1/2" long, 3%. His head circumference was 17 3/8", 45%. He has a good size brain! His pediatrician recommended trying to add food back into my diet and see how he would do. And then start Alex on solids. Doing it this way I would hopefully be less likely to wonder if his symptoms were from something he ate or something I ate, than if I changed my diet and his at the same time.

I was relunctant to add things back to my diet because Alex was doing so well, but decided to give it a try.  I did wait til the end of Nov., Nov. 21st to be precise I drank a glass of organic raw milk.  I continued to do this for a few days.  Alex's reaction was not severe, but he did start spitting up again more than he had for a long time and he just wasn't as content.  I would set him down and he would whine ~ really atypical.  And Chad commented that he heard him fuss more in those few days than he had in weeks.  So back off dairy.  I also tried eggs.  I thought he was doing OK with me eating eggs but then we noticed that the eczema on his legs was coming back.  Those were the only things I tried.  I have wondered about trying nuts.  I have also thought about trying wheat but making sure that it is definitely corn free.  I strongly believe that corn is an issue for Alex.  Corn and wheat were the last two things I eliminated and when he finally started to improve. The corn has been difficult to eliminate because it is in everything and things that I really thought should be safe, I have later realized that they were not.

I will talk about the adventures of solid food with Alex a bit later.

No comments: