Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Best $3.00 purchase ever

The boys and I were running errands this morning. We went to Big Lots (I like to get cereals and snacks for the boys there) We found this battery operated bubble maker. It was really nice this afternoon, sunny and 50 but a little windy. We decided to go out and take advantage of the nicer weather and play with bubbles!
We also went to Kmart. I feel the same way about Kmart as Rainman does, "Kmart sucks." No really it isn't that bad but it isn't Target! We were in the check out line and it was taking a long time. Andrew was being OK, not bad just kind of obnoxious. There was a man behind us and I know he was just trying to help entertain Andrew but I was not appreciating it. I heard him making shooting noises and I could tell that he would be on one side of me then the other. I figured he was making a gun gesture with his hand too, I wasn't looking. Then sure enough Andrew starts making the same noise back at him and pointing his finger at the man. I told Andrew to stop. I felt like saying something to the man but I was already on edge (running errands with the boys sometimes as that effect on me!) and I was afraid if I tried to say something it might come out wrong. What do you do in these situations when a complete stranger is doing something you don't approve of and interacting with your child.

2 comments:

Tammy said...

you could start talking to the stranger, and then since they are busy talking to you they won't have time to do whatever it was they were doing with the kids. ;)

Kristi said...

that is a great idea.