Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Our sweet little Carson

I just wanted to post a few random things that Carson is doing or has said that I find very cute.

One thing I hear him say often when HE needs ME to help HIM is... "Mommy, you need my help please?" Probably because when he is trying to do something but struggling, I ask him, "Carson, do you need my help?"

While on vacation Chad, Andrew, Carson and I all shared a room. The first morning Andrew, Chad and I were awake before Carson and went out in to the living area. A while later, I heard our bedroom door open and heard the pitter patter of little feet but they soon stopped. I couldn't see him but I said "Come here Carson." There was a short pause and then Carson said "Where me are?" He is nearly 3 years old (unbelievable!!) and still uses me instead of I, something we could probably correct but I think it is really cute!

He of course picks up a lot of things from his big brother. One Sunday in church recently he was trying to tell me something in the middle of a prayer. I whispered to him that he needed to whisper because we were praying. He said "Praying! That's so boring!!" and no he did not whisper that!

He reminds of the chubby little puppy in 101 Dalmations, I believe his name is Rolley. Carson isn't very chubby, though he is filling out compared to how little he used to be. But all day long I hear him say "I'm hungry Mommy" just like that little puppy.

Andrew never really did a quiet time. He stopped taking naps when he would no longer stay in bed long enough to fall asleep. I gave up the nap/quiet time fight because to be quite honest it was more frustrating for me to enforce this time. Now that Andrew is in morning preschool and Carson is no longer napping, I am trying to have them each have quiet play time in their own rooms. I got them each a little kitchen timer to have in their rooms, so they know when quiet time is over. Carson doesn't like his timer, I think it is the constant ticking that he doesn't like. One of the first days he had it, he brought it out to me and said "Me no like this timer."

Andrew is doing a really good job with quiet time. He looks at books or plays with toys. He has however changed the amount of time left on his timer! He is very ornery! :) Carson is not doing a very good job, each day does get a little bit better. I think he might be a little young for the quiet time concept. He is still sleeping in his crib at night but does not want to be in his crib for quiet time. Some days he just repeats "I wanna see you Mommy!" over and over. Or he comes out of his room multiple times. Today he came out and asked if he could get a toy to take back to his room. I said sure and then go back to your room. He replied Okay, so I said Thank you Carson. He replied Your welcome - I don't know what it is about the way he says your welcome but it is soo cute! Then as he was walking back to his room, he said "I give you a kiss Mommy?" Melt my heart!

The below picture is of Carson on a not so good quiet time day. I will give him credit for staying in his room - not very far in his room! He was pretty mad at this time.


And below is Andrew during quiet time the same day - note the timer on his bed. I think here he was driving cars around the edge of his bed. For some reason recently he likes to have the shades down in his room or the living room. He says he is going to have a "dark party" which I don't get - at night he says he's afraid of the dark! In the picture his room light was on but sometimes he closes his shades and then uses a flashlight. I don't let him close the living room shades very often - must have sunlight!! which has been very plentiful recently and I love it!!

No comments: